Update May 19, 2020:
- All scheduled special events in the Town Park and within the Town limits are canceled through June 7, 2020.
- All Town-owned restroom facilities will be closed until further notice. Porta-Johns will be placed at the Gazebo and the Town Park by Friday, May 22, 2020 for use at your own risk. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own toiletries.
- All beach access walkways are one-way only with directional signs posted at each end. The ADA Walkways at the Gazebo, 1st Street, 3rd Street and 40th Street will be one direction for those without disabilities and multi-directional for those with disabilities.
- The public, business owners and employees are encouraged to wear a cloth mask or face covering when in public areas.
- Rental Companies and private renters are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines when cleaning units.
- Social Distancing requirements remain in effect until further notice.
As the state of North Carolina begins phasing out stricter social distancing regulations the Town of Sunset Beach is planning to follow suit gradually.
On Wednesday, May 6th at 12pm beach accesses will be open and marked with signage. Signage will include one-way directions for on/off the beach and ADA accessible only for specific walkways. The beach will be open for non-stationary physical activity only to include walking, jogging, running, surfing, swimming, and biking. Fishing is not allowed at this time. And The Town Park will be open to non-stationary physical activity and the Council requests that people using the park move in the same direction.
On Friday, May 15th at 6:00 am, public parking will reopen; this includes parking within allowed street rights-of-way. The activity restrictions on the beach and Town Park will also be lifted at this time.
On Friday, May 22nd short-term and long-term rental restrictions will be lifted, and these activities may resume.
No special events are permitted for the month of May. The Council will revisit at their June 1st meeting.
Town facilities will remain closed to the public and the gazebo and park restrooms will remain closed until further notice.
Social distancing is in full effect and will follow Governor Cooper’s regulations as they are updated.
If you have any questions, please either email [email protected] or call 910.579.6297.