Run Sunset Beach is a Half Marathon, 5K, 1 Mile event that showcases this beautiful island in Southeast North Carolina.
Due to the ever-changing environment surrounding Covid-19 our start and finish will look a little different this year. Please give yourself ample time to find parking before your specific race start. We ask that you stay in your car until you are ready to start your event to cut down on crowds and gatherings. Each event will offer an elite heat with an exact start time. All other participants in that same event will have an extended window of time to cross the starting line after elite runners have started.
Most parking is located about 1.75 miles away from the start. We traditionally have shuttles but due to COVID, we are not able to provide them this year. We will provide a safe walking path to the start line. The location of parking is 7625 High Market St, Sunset Beach, NC 28468 (Ingram Planetarium). We will have several volunteers along the road assisting with the parking in approved areas – please follow their directions.
There is VERY limited handicap parking near the start/finish area.
Safety is our #1 priority. While we work with local authorities and DOT to shut down as many roads as possible, a portion of the courses are open to vehicles so it’s important to be aware. We discourage headphones and no dogs, bicycles, or scooters are allowed per USATF sanctioning, and anyone without an official race bib will be asked to leave the course. Follow our directional signs, volunteers, and law enforcement – they know the course and where you need to be running.
After the Race
We will have a DJ playing some good tunes. Awards for Top 3 Overall Female/Male, Top 3 Overall Female/Male Masters, as well as age groups (every 5 years) for Half Marathon & 5K Female/Male runners. Although we will not be able to host an official awards ceremony – we will post a time for each event when you can begin picking up your awards. Please be patient with us, with the rolling starts this will take some time to compute. *Must pick up award while at the event – we do not ship them!
About Run Sunset Beach
- Worry free registration with deferrals, refunds, race transfers, and a covid safety plan. View more on our FAQ’s page!
- Register early and save a bunch of money, one of the most affordable races available when you register early!
- MASSIVE locket style finisher medals – truly some of the most unique and amazing medals you’ll ever see!
- Finisher Pajama Pants – these are super soft PJs for all finishers. Sizes Youth to Adult XXL – you’re going to love them!
- This course is phenomenal – enjoy the bridge and island with the start/finish in the waterfront park on the mainland of Sunset Beach.
- A race for EVERYONE! Half Marathon, 5K and 1 Mile events all morning on March 27th, 2021
View the Course Map: