Make out-of-this-world holiday memories at Ingram Planetarium’s Dome Theater and Laser Shows November 9 – December 30
Sunset Beach, NC –– The Ingram Planetarium’s holiday Dome Theater and Laser Show schedule, including Santa’s Magic Telescope, provides virtual space exploration, educational films that inspire curiosity, and spectacular laser music shows that will make out-of-this-world holiday memories for visitors of all ages. Please call the Planetarium at (910) 575-0033 for all day-of-show reservations.
- Holiday Dome Theater Shows: Every Thursday – Saturday, explore remote areas, journey to the farthest reaches of space, or discover the stars you’ll see in your own backyard in our immersive theater – doors open at 10:30 am:
- 11:00 am – Earth, Moon, & Sun – Join Coyote, an amusing character adapted from Native American oral traditions, in a fast-paced and fun show that explores our home planet, its neighbors, lunar phases and more.
- 12:00 pm – Mystery of the Christmas Star (New!) – Journey back over 2,000 years to Bethlehem as we seek to discover a scientific explanation for the star the wise men followed to find the baby Jesus. This modern retelling of the Christmas story is sure to charm and captivate audiences of all ages.
- 1:00 pm – Ancient Skies, Ancient Mysteries – Stars have always been a source of mystery and wonder for people around the world. Experience the night sky through the lens of ancient cultures that lacked our current scientific understanding. Together, we’ll explore how some cultures relied on stars to develop calendars, predict future events, and influence other facets of daily living.
- 2:00 pm – A Place Like No Other – Alaska is a place like no other and there are places so remote and wild that few Alaskans have ever explored. The Planetarium will take you to the wilderness to see iconic animals and landscapes that define this last frontier.
- 3:00 pm – The Sky Tonight! – Tour the planets, constellations, and other celestial events happening in the night sky above our community. Then, next time you walk along the beach on a clear night, you’ll be able to identify the celestial sights you see.
Holiday Laser Music Shows:
- Holiday Laser Music Shows: Every Friday and Saturday evening, enjoy a unique and memorable sensory experience with laser effects accompanied by popular music heard through the area’s best sound system – doors open at 5:30 pm:
- 6:00 pm – Classic Holiday – Relax in the Planetarium’s Sky Theater and enjoy colorful laser images displayed on the domed ceiling accompanied by beloved holiday music including Sleigh Ride, Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, Winter Wonderland, and Jingle Bell Rock.
- 7:00 pm – Trans-Siberian Orchestra – With more than 10 million albums sold, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra (TSO) is a progressive rock band that pushes musical boundaries, inspiring generations of fans to rediscover the multi-dimensional art form of the rock opera. Enjoy TSO’s popular holiday concert setlist with laser light effects.
- Special Event – Santa’s Magic Telescope: December 8 and 22 at 5:00 pm, join three curious cousins on a cosmic Christmas Eve adventure! In their grandparents’ attic, they find a magic telescope that can show the wonders of the universe. Upon looking through it, they’re transported to Santa’s sleigh and Santa takes them on a journey through the cosmos. Santa’s Magic Telescope is a heartwarming tale of holiday magic and celestial exploration.